Post – Registered Manager
Carpenders Care is an award winning family run homecare provider, we are passionate about providing quality care to our clients within the local area. We are currently recruiting for a registered manager to join our team.
You will provide strong, strategic leadership to the team to enable us to provide the highest quality homecare and customer service. You will lead a team dedicated to supporting clients to maintain their independence and to achieving their aspirations and goals.
Within this role, you will be:
Accountable to the directors/shareholders of the business
Responsible for the legal and ethical running of the day-to-day business.
Achievement of sales targets and delivery within budgets.
To work within agreed budgets to ensure profitability of business.
Ultimate responsibility for all staff.
To manage recruitment and effective development of care staff.
To ensure successful operation of quality control systems.
Monitoring of complaints procedure.
To participate in the growth and development of the business locally through various marketing exercises.
Preparing information for invoicing and payroll.
Take on-call duties as part of a team on a rota basis.
You must want our clients to experience a standard of care that would be good enough for your own family. This means valuing the unique qualities of each customer and seeing the whole person, not just a list of care needs. It is essential that you are passionate about promoting the dignity and rights of each client.
Due to the nature of the work we are only able to accept applicants within reasonable distance of our office.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in a management role within homecare
• NVQ/QCF level 5 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification
• Excellent customer service
• Proven track record with CQC regulations and compliance
• Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centered care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
• A strong commitment to always promoting the rights of each client and to keep their wishes at the center of their care and support
• Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
• Hands on operational and day to day management skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong organisational/planning skills
• Very high attention to detail
• An innovative approach to care and service development
If this sounds like you and you are interested in being part of something amazing, please call Lola on 0208 868 3328 for an informal chat or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org